How Premier Outdoors is Responding to COVID-19
(Updated August 29th)
|Message to our customers: The COVID-19 pandemic has created business disruptions worldwide, and we haven’t been immune to its effects. Premier and the entire backyard barbecue industry have been affected by shipping delays due to product shortages arising from COVID-19. We’re also experiencing a tremendous increase in calls, emails, and chats flooding our sales and customer service departments. Please know that we and our many vendors are making every effort to catch up as COVID-19 continues to disrupt our industry. We appreciate your business and patience. Thank you for choosing us for your outdoor living needs. We want to take a moment to check in with you and let you know how we’re handling things amid the spread of COVID-19. Like many of you, we’re taking steps to protect the most vulnerable among us and to adapt to new circumstances with each passing day. Everyone’s health and safety, both in the workplace and among our customers, are our top priorities. We’re working to ensure that the products you want are available and your order is delivered to you in the safest, fastest way possible.|
Here are some of the steps we’re taking:
- We’re diligently following guidelines and best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We’ve increased our daily cleaning routines for equipment and facilities, including more frequent handwashing and use of sanitizer.
- We’re working with employees to allow adjustment of schedules and work-from-home where possible. Roughly 90% of our team is now able to work from home.
- We’ve adjusted our warehouse operations to comply with local emergency orders.
- We’ve added more warehouse shifts to adjust to increased order volume, and are currently hiring to fully staff all shifts
- We’ve implemented appreciation pay and performance bonuses to our warehouse staff, effective from March through August of this year.
Many of our suppliers have also been affected to varying degrees by the efforts taken to combat COVID-19 around the country. We’re working with them to monitor lead times while negotiating increased inventory levels as much as we can. We’re updating the lead times on our site daily to let you know our expected lead times on all products in this dynamic situation.
Thank you to our staff, our suppliers, and our customers. We hope you and your family stay safe, and that you’ll join us in supporting each other as we figure this out together.
Premier Outdoor wants to thank you and we appreciate your patience as we navigate through these weird times. Our staff and family appreciate you and look forward to serving you. Please give us a call with any questions you may have 904-693-1663 or email us Premieroutdoorsales@gmail.com
Shaun Jackrel – CEO